5-3-5 rule for LBH

I'm working on my Ling/Bane/Hydra macro with Railgan's 3-base ZvT opener as a basis.  I'm finding that I get a little lost with the gas expenditures and forget things, so I wanted to create a mnemonic to keep me on track.

There are 5 checkpoints where it is important to start several gas expenditures.  The minor checkpoints have 3 items each.  The Lair and Hive checkpoints have 5 each and are shown in blue.

  • Starting mining gas again and take 2nd gas. 
    • Bane Nest
    • Upgrades (1/1)
    • Lair
  • Lair finishes
    • Hydra Den
    • 4 banelings
    • Bane Speed
    • Upgrades (2/2)
    • Overseer
  • Hydra Den finishes
    • Start hydras (5 initially)
    • Hydra Upgrade
    • Infestation Pit
  • Infestation Pit finishes
    • Start Hive
    • Start Spire
    • Optionally Start Pathogen Glands for infestors.
  • Hive finishes
    • Start vipers (3 initially?)
    • Don't forget evo chambers for Consume!
    • Adrenal Glands
    • Upgrades (3/3)
    • Start transition tech.  Either Ultra Cavern or Greater Spire.



It's definitely missing some of the nuance of Railgan's guide, but at this point what I need is something that I can consistently execute.  I'll worry about adjustments when they start to matter, which I suspect is somewhere in mid to upper Diamond.  I haven't included a lurker transition because I'm not good at using them yet.  Overlord speed also not included.

Once I get this down I'm probably going to implement it or something extremely similar (but with melee/ranged upgrades instead of melee/carapace) in ZvP.  Probably with a 16-hatch instead of pool first.  And then it will be time to stretch my legs on ladder again and see how it's doing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adrenal for your keyrate

Larva Usage Factor, or Why You Might Be Macroing Wrong

Inject Methods